Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Unplugged

I unplugged this past weekend; turned off my celly, left my laptop at home and went camping with the fam.

I love hearing the voices of my Northwest neighbors through the rhododendrons and fir trees.

We need these forays back into wilderness, sans electronics, to reconnect with ourselves.

Upon arrival at our campsite, the girls rushed to investigate the lush landscape. Leaves were of particular interest.













The girls attempted to re-create the eco-structure built by their 7 year old camping companion. Her mother is an architect; can you tell?













Watermelon was ignored. Instead the coveted big-as-your-head marshmallows were consumed as often as I would allow. (Note my beer awaiting my attention).













We explored Scenic Beach, which was chock full of pearly white oyster shells, which made perfect cell phones, containers and rock chippers (?)


























Despite the cloudy weather, we were happy campers. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Don't tell my kids about those marshmallows - they'll spend all their grubby pennies on them. Wow. And I bet unplugging felt great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...