Friday, May 21, 2010

Sugar Sand and Razor Clams

We spent a glorious, relaxing weekend with family on the majestic Washington coast.
At first step onto the expanse of beach, our bare feet voraciously sampling the sand, Jaeda remarked, "sugar sand, mama" and I marvel how, at three, her descriptions can be so simple, and so precise.

We awoke at first light the next morning to join the ritual that is razor clamming. While my husband, my sister and her boyfriend dug feverishly to catch their limits, the girls lovingly placed blankets of sand over these strange, yummy creatures.  
Meanwhile, I meandered. The edge of the earth calls my name. It beckons to me with promises of serene calm and a still mind. It never fails to deliver.
My dad helped me paint the girls' toes, to match my Mother's Day pedicure and I couldn't resist getting a picture of our toes in the sugar sand.
And what trip to the beach is complete without a stop at Cabelas on the way home?
The End.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...