Friday, September 25, 2009

The Beauty that is Two

I was hesitant to embrace the beauty that is two - even though I was constantly bombarded with reminders and images; two babies sleeping peacefully side by side, two babies in the bathtub, car seats, stroller...

Two always was my favorite number. There is just something cosmically right about two. Yin and yang, husband and wife, the sun and the moon.

It's almost become an obsession. Or maybe just a habit, to always have two matching sets, a pair. Whether it's the matching floral car seats or their boots lined up at the door, it conjures up a sense of peace in me.

There is also something shocking to the human eye to behold two of something similar. Seeing double, if you will. Sometimes, even I am taken aback by them. Today, arriving home from grocery shopping, I spy in the backyard sitting naked side by side on a lawnchair, these two matched toddlers with glowing white curls atop their heads.

In my mathematic brain, two just feels right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...